Multi-Platform Account Management
Multi-Platform User Account Management from a Central Console
A centralized solution for IT and Help Desk staff for administering network wide accounts on Windows, UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS, AS400, databases and custom applications. Full Audit Logging in a central database keeps track of the details of all changes giving accountability to the operations staff.
Try It Today!
See how Sysgem's Identity and Access Management product can benefit you, with a free fully-functional 30-day trial:
DOWNLOAD WHERE TO BUY
User account management is an important part of managing your computer systems, but it is often a very involved and time-consuming process. Delays in making correctly configured accounts available to end-users result in lost business or a compromise in security.
The Sysgem Account Manager (SAcM) is a fully featured application for user account management on multiple platforms. It supports basic operating system accounts and user profiles in end-user layered applications. With SAcM, you create accounts from default templates on multiple systems in one simple operation.
Existing accounts - across all platforms, network-wide - are sorted, filtered and multiply-selected, and updated in a single operation.
SAcM allows you to delegate responsibility with confidence and safety. Statistical and detailed user account reports are produced with ease.
And with the separately available Sysgem Development Manager (SDeM) Module, its features and functions are easily customized to meet your own specific needs.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides a single point for creating & managing multiple accounts on multiple computer systems of multiple platform types, including the maintenance of user entries in layered applications.
- Prevents delays in creating the user account environment for "new starters" by simplifying the process. Whereas this once involved many tasks and a number of different people, with SAcM a single and simple operation by an authorized user-account administrator is all it takes.
- Allows multiple accounts (cross-platform and network-wide) to be selected and updated as part of day-to-day account administration.
- Reduces security risks when staff leave by determining the ownership of user accounts. The accounts for someone who has just left the organization, for example, can be identified, disabled and scheduled for deletion at a predefined review date. For more details on this feature see the description of the Subscriber Database.
- Facilitates the management of user groups, quotas, rights, privileges, passwords and intrusions.
- Simplifies help desk operations for user administration, enables responsibility to be delegated with safety, and ensures full audit trail accountability.
- During account creation, default field values are applied depending on the user-group to which each user belongs. The ownership of user accounts can be linked to a subscriber database of employees.
- Makes it easy to produce accurate, up-to-date reports on the usage and deployment of user accounts across the entire network, for supervisor and security manager use. Information can be sorted and filtered to meet your own requirements.
- Enables you to identify and resolve security issues for accounts across the entire enterprise. For example, you can identify accounts with raised privileges and request reports to highlight differences between the states of accounts at prescribed points in time. This allows you to identify privileged accounts that are no longer used and thus present a security risk to your system.
Download or Purchase Sysgem Identity & Access Management
DOWNLOAD WHERE TO BUY
List all user accounts
- Identify all machines in a multi-platform network (or sub-network) and extract a list of all accounts together with all their fields.
- Sort user accounts by any field in the set of accounts.
- Apply filters to identify all users that satisfy specific characteristics (such as having raised privileges, containing a particular text string in their username, or not having logged in for a particular period of time).
Create user account
- Create everything required for a new user with a single transaction (multi-platform, multi-application, multi-server, multiple accounts).
- 'Templates' provide default field input, based on type of user / organizational group / geographical location / etc.
Modify user account
- Select a single user account & modify any/all fields.
Delete user account
- Delete multiply-selected user accounts, with the option to delete owned resources.
- Customize so that data is archived as a pre-delete action.
Update user accounts
- Update any field in a multiply-selected list of accounts.
- Set passwords / enable / disable / clear lockout flag / etc. in multiply-selected accounts.
- Choose between machine-generated or administrator-typed passwords.
- Full input validation provided on administrative workstation.
- Add/remove accounts to/from group membership.
- Add/remove identifiers from multiply-selected accounts.
- Add/remove VMS disk quotas.
Manage Intrusion Databases
- Show current status.
- Keep permanent audit trail.
- Reset intrusion lockouts.
- Rename an account and modify dependent resources.
- Personnel records are based on X.500 / LDAP style records.
- You associate user accounts to a person via the subscriber database.
- Use default data from subscribers during account creation (to save keying time and increase consistency of data).
- Select multiple accounts owned by the same person and carry out administrative actions in one action.
- Access the subscribers via ODBC to a standard database (SQL Server, Access, etc).
- Use reconciliation reports to authenticate ownership of accounts by subscriber records.
- Obtain a snapshot of accounts at any point in time.
- Analyze accounts according to account type or field details.
- Store reports for future comparison.
- Identify differences between two sets of reports (e.g. highlight accounts that have acquired increased privileges, etc).
- Modify or add new customer specific fields to transaction forms.
- Modify existing scripts or create new ones for automatic execution as part of the standard transactions.
- Add new Menu options / forms.
- A single central repository of customizations, which is automatically propagated after updates.
- Define your own 'templates' and 'roles'.
- Set up Help Desk / Administrator / Supervisor modes.
Safe & Easy Delegation & Access Control
- Profiles are provided for generic SEM access control.
- Tokens allow access permission to be granted according to more detailed criteria.
- Grant/deny access to specific platform types, machines, user groups, individual users and field types.
- Grant/deny access to development/ customize interface.
- Grant/deny access to audit trail browser.
- All actions are recorded in Central Audit Trail log database.
- Audit Browser, which can only be accessed by 'Supervisors'.